Saturday, December 10, 2011

Recieved a surprise today!

My mom had been texting me the last couple days, she kept telling me they were up to something but wouldn't tell me what. I was actually a little nervous about having a surprise... wasn't feeling up to "surprises" given what we are currently working through. Little did I know this surprise was going to be beyond worth it.

Around 12:30 I was writing my message to be buried with Gabriel - already a semi emotional moment for me - when our doorbell rings. Derrick goes to answer it but went outside instead of letting them in, I was confused. Next thing I know, in walks my younger brother Patrick!

Background story:  My younger brother has been stationed out at Fort Irwin in the Mojave Desert California since August. It was upsetting to me that out of our entire family he wasn't able to be here, that he couldn't get away from the Army to come be with is family during this time...

Little did I know that my older brother had arranged for him to come home! What an emotional, but very pleasant surprise for me! My family gets to be all together, and he gets to be here for the burial on Monday!

He's in the Wolves jersey

Still can't believe he's here, that he was able to get away for a weekend to come home when I wanted him here the most...

No comments:

Post a Comment