Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I believe Thanksgiving is God's gift to the pregnant women! This year we have so much to be thankful for. Eachother, our beautiful daughter Evelyn, amazing family and friends, a house, jobs, an extraordinary support system, a daughter we haven't yet met but has taught us so much about love and life, our amazing doula and doctors, and all the strength and support we recieve from everyone - including complete strangers... But our hearts are weighing a bit heavy today.
This may be the toughest blog to date for me. Last night we officially got on the schedule for our induction. We will go to the hospital the evening of Tuesday, December 6th to get the Prostaglandin gel put in, this is used to ripen the cervix and prepare it for dilation. On Wednesday, December 7th we will begin the Pitocin induction. We scheduled it this way so that it is easier for Dr Landers to be there too. Even though Dr Buchbinder will be delivering our baby, it was important to both us and Dr Landers that she be there and be part of it.
Hard to believe we are less than 2 weeks out from Gabrielle's big day. This part has been tougher than we imagined. Its now official, I can't believe we're already this far along that we are planning the induction. It seems like it wasn't so long ago that we got the diagnosis - even though it has been nearly 3 months ago already. I thought I was ready for this, it feels right... Yet the last 24 hours have been extremely emotionally draining for us.
We know there have been a ton of thoughts and prayers coming our way through this entire journey. We have been so appreciative of all of it, it means the world to us to know how much love and support we have. Now with her birthday set, we have some prayer requests.
- For our strength, peace, and faith as we move into the next 2 weeks of our lives.
- That our labor and delivery go as planned with no complications.
- That we are blessed with some very precious time before Gabrielle passes on.
- That we remain strong during our greiving process for the coming weeks and months.
- That we always know how much love and support we have from everyone around us, and that we use our support system to help us get through this.
- That she be given some time to meet the parents and family that love her so dearly.
- That she feel and know that she is loved so dearly by us and so many others.
- That she not suffer, and her passing be peaceful.
Thank you to everyone for your continued love and support during this extremely difficult time in our lives. If you intend to be in the waiting room for the delivery and haven't already let us know, please do so that way we know how many people plan to be there. Thank you.