Monday, August 6, 2012

Sweet Relief.

Woke up this morning feeling terrified.  I was so scared we'd be hearing bad news today. I couldn't eat, was shaking, and really thought the nerves may cause me to throw up.  I sat and waited and tried to pass the time by keeping busy.

When we got there, I really just wanted to walk out.  I'd been feeling ok about everything until this morning.  I didn't really want to be there.

Evelyn sat down with her snack and Derrick took my hand.  I layed down and the hormones and emotions nearly got the best of me. Then, when she put the wand on my belly I THOUGHT I saw a baby and 1 empty sac, but apparently I was wrong.  She did confirm both growing babies with two beating hearts.

This is a head shot because its the only angle she can get them both in!

Baby A was measuring 11 weeks 6 days (1 day ahead) with a
heartbeat of 174.  Baby A was also being CRAZY!  Doing flips
and kicks the entire time.  It looked like it was kicking off the
gestational sac wall and flipping over.  It was so fun to watch.

Baby B was much more relaxed.  but had its back toward
 us so we couldn't get a good profile shot, it was also
curled up in a little ball.   But B was measuring
 10 weeks 6 days with a heart beat of 161.
The tech said the sac was still looking small but said
nothing else.

Then, we waited for the Dr.  She came in, weight check, urine sample, and blood pressure. Then she listened for the heart beats. (we could see them on the ultrasound but didn't hear them until she tried). She was able to find both but could only find A's breifly because it moves too much.  She said she doesn't see any reason for concern, she isn't worried about B's sac size because the baby is still growing perfectly fine. She specifically told us not to worry about it.

She offered for us to see a genetic councelor about any concerns we have regarding Potter's Syndrome. I told her we had talked to one who answered all our questions and I still hang onto her contact information incase any more concerns were to come up.

She said that being pregnant after a loss is stressful enough, but being high risk after a loss is so much more.  She said if I ever feel overwhelmed with concern and worry to call and they will bring me in to listen for heartbeats.  I was grateful for that offer.

She wrote me a referral to have the kidneys checked.  She also said she wants to see me one more time before that check is done.  So in 4 weeks I'll have 2 appointments, first a standard prenatal, then a kidney check. 

We both walked out with huge smiles on our faces. We both felt so much relief after hearing that there was no apparent cause for concerns right now.  I don't think either of us have felt that good in awhile.


  1. Makes me cry seeing the pics of those growing babies. How precious! So happy for you guys!

    1. Thanks Renee! I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers!!

  2. Hi Sam! You don't know me, but I've been following your story ever since one of the other blogs I followed asked for prayers for your sweet family back in November. I'm so excited for you and will continue to pray! What awesome news! These little babes are blessed to have you as their mommy. Just curious, are they able to tell if they are identical or fraternal twins yet?