Friday, April 6, 2012

Memorial Garden

I'd seen this idea a few different times, a memorial garden. At first I was a little bummed - we live in a townhome community and we aren't able to plant our own gardens.  But then I found this giant planter that I decided would be perfect.

We waited for the weather to steady just a little bit while I planned what I wanted to plant. Then we went to Gertens. Derrick picked out some plants for some other planters we had, I picked out some Tulips - one of my favorites, some Pansies - Derrick's favorite, and some Daffodils - Gabriel's birth flower.


The first day we planted them the daffodils hadn't bloomed yet...

But today, two days later, they're starting to bloom! 



I was so excited to see his birthflower blooming!!!

These are little stones that came in a kit my mom gave me, so I just placed them sporatically around the planter.

I love his little garden, its so perfect for him.  I was thrilled to be able to plant Daffodils. I'd learned they are typically bulbs that need to be planted in the fall.  This was disappointing for me, so I was extatic when I found them ready to be planted!

No comments:

Post a Comment