Thursday, July 19, 2012

Yolk Sac?

Had our appointment this morning! YAY! Its been a long wait wondering and worrying if both babies are going to make it.   What a relief it was to see both babies on the screen hearts beating away like little hummingbird wings. 


We are currently 9 weeks 1 day along.

Baby A is measuring 8 weeks 6 days with a heartbeat of 186.  Everything looks good so far :)

Baby B is still 4 days behind, measuring 8 weeks 2 days with a heartbeat of 184.  They did say that Baby Bs Yolk Sac is a little bit abnormally shaped.  They said that its a concern, something to check again, but it could be absolutely nothing.   She said everything else looks ok so she doesn't think its too big of a deal, but sometimes is a prewarning that the baby isn't viable. :(  back to the waiting game.

Of course, they couldn't tell us everything looked fine and dandy.  But for now they are both strong and doing well, so I'm going to try my best to not allow this to ruin my days waiting 3 more weeks for yet another ultrasound to confirm that everything is or isn't ok. Ugh.

I like this clinic, but I'm not used to them, I like my Dr. much better. They are so text book at this clinic, thats not me.  I told them I don't want to do any extra scans except for kidneys (they said they wouldn't look till 20 week anatomy scan, I'll talk to Dr Landers about it instead), asked about delivery of twins (I really just wanted to know if I'll be able to deliver at Woodwinds or not - they said if they are born after 34 weeks we can).  They were a stickler about not taking pictures of the ultrasound on my phone, which I've never had an issue with before. Its just a change, a change I'll get used to I guess.  But I did get the OB I was hoping for so thats awesome news :)

I told Derrick, if baby B pulls through, this baby will be our trouble child. Joy.

For now I'm just going to enjoy knowing that both babies are in there growing, hearts beating.  Today I'm still pregnant with twins, and today I love my babies :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment