Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Molly Bears

I've waited a long time for this post, yet it's taken me a week to have time to write it!  I spent 2 1/2 years trying to get on the list for Molly Bears.  Molly Bears is an organization that has volunteers that make bears with weight in them so that they weigh the same amount as an angel baby that has passed.   They only have their list open once day per month and they only accept 200 new purchases.  As you can imagine the timing is curtail when trying to get on the list, and time and time again I was too late.

The bears only cost $20 which is amazing because the average bear is $40 to make and ship.  They run on donations - both monitary and supplies.   I'm grateful for the wonderful people who make this happen.

I finally got my bear on the list in August.  Along with it came the warning that the wait for your bear is sometimes 9 months.  That's ok, I would wait.

In January I received an email that my bear was being made!  I was shocked that it was so quick and soon my bear would be in my arms!

A few weeks later I received the email that my bear was on its way! In a few short days I opened my box to find a package from Molly Bears.  It sat next to me in the car for about 45 minutes before I finally drove home to open it.  The anticipation was killing me but I wasn't ready to open it right away.

Each  Molly Bear looks completely different in design, style and everything.  They are personal to you and that makes it special.  I had put in a request for a bow tie but I had no idea what my bear would look like.

He's beautiful.  The minute I picked him up out of the box there was a sense of peace that came over me.

4lbs 8oz. Who knew it could feel so heavy.


No comments:

Post a Comment