Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Proactive Genetics (part 1)



6 days ago (Thursday) I ordered a kit to have the boys twin zygosity tested - are they identical or not?

Today we received our package from Proactive Genetics in Augusta Georgia. It came in a medium sized bubble envelope. 

Inside was the crucial items we'd been waiting for.  There was a thank you letter that described a basic outline of the process. There was also a postcard for you to acknowledge that - even though the test is 99% accurate - it's not qualified for any medical or legal use. (Ok, I just want it for informational purposes anyways.) Then there was the long version of the collection instructions. These confused me at first, but I'll get into that later. There were 2 test tubes with cotton swabs and a bubble mailer to send everything back. 



You have to do two sessions of swabbing 2 swabs in each cheek for both babies at night, and 2 swabs in each cheek for both babies the following morning. Put the swabs in the labeled tubes and send back. 


They don't tell you what the solution is that is in the tubes,
just that it's supposed to help preserve the samples.  


I was actually impressed they didn't seem to mind it at all. They were completely unsure what we were sticking in their mouths but it went fast so I don't think they minded at all.

We'll repeat the process in the morning as directed by the instructions and then I'll stop at the post office and send it back. Can't wait to get the results!

Oh, and don't forget to vote on the poll for which way you think the results will come back! (It's on the right hand side!)


LOGAN

"Am I doing ok mom?"
"Ok, I eat it"
High five for a job well done.








SAWYER

"Ehhh... What are you putting in my mouth??"

"Like a lollipop mom?"







No comments:

Post a Comment